What You Should Know About Search Engine Spiders
Category : Search Engine Optimization
It’s a fact that in present times, we are very much dependent on internet and web technologies. Everyday, people from all parts of the globe use internet for getting the information about almost everything. There are actually millions of websites for a particular topic. Search engine spiders follow a set of rules, more commonly known as algorithm, makes it possible to index and get the top search ranking to the best webpage among all.
Professional websites and corporate blogs play a major role for growing a business. It also serves as an interactive platform through which you can communicate with your prospects, possible business partners and everyone who is linked or concern about your industry.
But how a webpage is viewed by web crawler is always been a matter of debate. So, I want to contribute my thoughts on the topic as well.
Writing for search engines and writing for web readers are two different things. But, if you have a website then may know that you have to consider both factors equally. Prospects, human readers or clients are very important, so it is advisable to write for them first. After writing for your potential clients, you must tweak as per search engines. Now comes the common question what things do the web crawlers looks in a website?
Here’s a quick list of what things should be considered while writing for search engines and web spiders:
- Stick to a theme, choose a topic of your interest, the one which you can write and share knowledge, regarding your niche.
- Make sure that title tags are relevant to the theme.
- Backlinks is one of the major factors; it cannot be underestimated, it is better to get quality backlinks to your website.
- Frequent updates with fresh and unique content will always boost your search engine positioning.
- Create a sitemap, link it to every page of your website.
- Make sure your URLs are search engine friendly, provide static URLs as they rank better in search engines and are considered as more friendly to users.
- Placing your keywords is crucial; it should look natural, and not like keyword stuffing, remember not to overdo it.
- Avoid duplicate content by minimizing the use of multiple pages, or a single page with many categories.
- Use 301 redirection for non www URL version to www URL version or vice versa.
- Provide headlines and sub-headlines throughout the website, and place your main keywords in it.
Using white hat SEO techniques will help search bots coming to your site again and again. Remember this – If your website is ranked for your targeted keywords in major search engines, your readers will find you easily.
Hope these tips help you. Implementing them will gradually increase your website traffic and leads.