Business Blog: The Don’ts of a Company Blog
Company blog is an amazing corporate tool for driving targeted traffic and position your company as an industry expert. Business blogs are boon for any company, they boost brand recognition and in addition to this, it also helps in building strong customer relationship.
Your corporate blog is the reflection of your company, its products/services and its online brand! Creating, running and maintaining a company blog is an opportunity to connect and engage your audience, so it should be handled wisely, with diligence and in a professional manner.
Everyone talks about what to do with blogs, but there is very few information available about what not to do or what are the things to avoid when it comes to managing the company blog, with that in mind I am sharing this information. Here are few Don’ts of a business blog:
- Don’t stay anonymous – Don’t act as a mysterious organization, let your readers know about you – let them know about your staff, your expertise, who are the people behind the scene and what are your professional goals. People love to connect with real people and not lifeless machines. In order to connect with your peers and grow the interactivity, it is very essential to reveal your real identity.
- Don’t write fluff; provide useful information in an easy to read and understandable language. Don’t write all the technical jargons with robotic content instead have something worth saying, reading, knowing and expressing. Try to engage and encourage your readers to contribute through comments and always welcome constructive criticism.
- Don’t cover too many points in one post – Focus on one topic per article, this way you are actually targeting one or two keywords per page. Be consistent, update regularly, keep the articles short, share fresh content, and stay professional while writing a post.
- Don’t make readers register or login to make a comment – Provide easy and make it convenient for readers to post a comment. Don’t make this process too complex or time consuming… or you may loose your readers, I know, nobody wants to do that!
- Don’t quit or give-up Blogging too fast – Companies think it is a waste of time to continue their blog, it certainly takes time to build trusted readership, but once your corporate blog gets the momentum – it has a snowball effect. So, never Giveup!
These are just a few basic guidelines of what not to do with a company blog, don’t consider them as strict blogging rules. At last, I’d also like to give another tip – don’t forget to enjoy and have fun with your blog.